Monday, 24 December 2012
Business resilience - top ten tips
As it’s the end of the year, I have a gift for you. My top tips for delivering business resilience and security strategy.
1. Know your customers (internal and external) and provide them the results they need.
2. Ensure business resilience outcomes align with the business strategy and as relevant any other operational plans
3. Find other resilience and security champions and leverage each other’s expertise
4. Don’t fall victim to crisis hopping – make some space to think and plan strategically.
5. Find your biggest detractors, work out why and seek to bring them around by delivering them value. These people will become your biggest supporters if you can achieve this
6. Enable others to champion resilience and security, remember that effective security and resilience involves integration throughout the business
7. Ask your CEO what resilience means to them, what their concerns are and what they want out of your program.
8. Establish a three year exercise and training program – this will help focus on delivery milestones, budget and stakeholder involvement. You will be on the front foot
9. Engage with other professionals to broaden your horizon. A friend once said to me Iron sharpens Iron.
10. Do something interesting with your resilience delivery next year– think outside the box.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!